Welcome back to my blog! Happy Fourth of July!! I showed a plaid Christmas card on my blog yesterday and included some cards I made from the die-cut remnants. Today’s card is another that I made from cardstock scraps.
After adding the Real Red die-cut remnants to a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, I glued the layer onto an 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″ piece of Whisper White Thick cardstock. Next, I die-cut the fourth-smallest (of the set of eight) Stitched Rectangle die to make the focal point of this card.
To decorate the Stitched Rectangle, I used the cabin image from Rustic Retreat, stamping it with Early Espresso ink. I used Stampin Blends as follows:
- Crumb Cake for the cabin logs.
- Mossy Meadow – light for the trees
- Real Red Dark for the window frames
- Smoky Slate Combo – dark for the roof, and shading on the chimney, light for the chimney stones, going over some more than once.
- Light Smoky Slate – for the smoke.
I stamped some Mossy Meadow pine branches, from the Peaceful Boughs stamp set, on the top and left side of the rectangle, leaving room for the sentiment. Using Early Espresso Stampin’ Write marker, I inked up the Merry Christmas from a stamp in the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set.
More Scraps – Up-close
This photo shows the two pinecones stamped with Early Espresso onto Crumb Cake then die-cut. I die-cut the three-branch bough from the Beautiful Boughs dies using Mossy Meadow scrap cardstock. I used mini-dimensionals to add these elements to the upper left corner of the card. And, of course, I needed to add the finishing touch of a small bow made with 3/8″ Double-stitched Satin Ribbon.
I hope you like the ideas of cards you can create with the scraps, remnants, or whatever you wish to call the left-overs from die-cutting the Plaid Builder dies. You can find a short video on my YouTube channel showing the card-making process. If you like what you see, please subscribe to my blog and to my YouTube Channel and share it with a friend! Listed below are the items needed to complete this project.
JULY’S FREE TUTORIAL - COMFORT AND HOPE
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: GKVUU632 This FREE Tutorial will be sent via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature Comfort and Hope stamp set which is new in the 2020-2021 annual catalog.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.