Hello! I am happy to introduce my first-time-ever 12 Weeks of Christmas blog post. Every week until Christmas, I will be posting a holiday card or a “giftable” project (3D) and maybe even some gift wrapping, tags, or treat holders. I designed this card using the Mojo Sketch 543 challenge. I like these sketches because the measurements are included. Without further ado, here is…
The Poinsettia Petals Bundle is one of my favorites in the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog. When I saw the Mojo 543 sketch, the poinsettia which is made with Red Velvet cardstock, just had to go in that circle!
- Card Base – Mossy Meadow Cardstock (CS) – 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- Layer 1 – Pear Pizzazz CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Layer 2 – DSP – 3″ x 5 1/4″
- Layer 3 – DSP – 1 1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 4 – DSP 2 5/8″ x 2 1/8″ adhered to Read Red Cardstock (CS) 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Layer 5 – Mossy Meadow CS – 3″ square, die-cut with the largest Stitched Shapes circle.
- Layer 6 – Gold Foil Sheets – 1 1/2″ x 8″, die-cut with Poinsettia sprigs and center
- Layer 7 – Red Velvet CS – 2 3/4″ x 7 3/4″, die-cut with Poinsettia dies
- Inside Layer 1 – Real Red CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Inside Layer 2 – Pear Pizzazz CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside Layer 3 – Whisper White CS – 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Inside Layer 4 – DSP – 5/8″ x 3 1/2″
- Adhere Layer 2 to the embossed Layer 1 then to the card front.
- Adhere Layer 3 about 3/4″ from the bottom of Layer 1.
- Adhere Layer 4 directly above Layer 3 and about 1/2″ in from the right of Layer 1.
- Die-cut and emboss Layer 7 – 2 medium, one small, and 1 tiny individual poinsettia die. Layer the 2 medium with a dimensional. Add the small and tiny layers with Mini Glue Dots. Adhere to Layer 5 with glue or glue dots. Add to the card front as shown.
- Die-cut Layer 6 – three sprigs. Trim to make shorter then, tuck under and adhere under the poinsettia. Die-cut both the solid and detailed centers. Glue together then to the center of the poinsettia.
- Use Real Red ink to stamp the sentiments onto Layer 3.
- Adhere stamped Layer 3 to Layer 2 to Layer 1 then to the inside of the card.
- Add Layer 4 to the bottom of Layer 3.
I hope you enjoyed my card for the first project in the new 12 Weeks of Christmas! I aim to post the 12 Weeks of Christmas projects each Friday. Please let me know if you have any questions. Below is a list of products that I used to make this card. Click on any item you need to be taken directly to my online store.
OCTOBER 2020 FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: UXERF9EY This FREE Tutorial will be sent via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Celebration Tidings stamp set which is new in the July-December 2020 mini catalog.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.